Dive Into Python chapter 4 released
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:54:46 -0400
"Dive Into Python" is a free Python book for experienced programmers.
Chapter 4, "HTML Processing", is now available:
Chapter 4 teaches HTML processing with the sgmllib module. Along the
way, it also covers
- the urllib module for retrieving web pages
- locals() and globals() functions
- dictionary-based string formatting
- classes as first-class objects
- the world's gentlest introduction to regular expressions
The book is free, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License, and
can be downloaded in PDF, HTML, text, Word, or WinHelp:
The book is written in DocBook XML. Translators and other adventurous
parties can download the XML files and build scripts at SourceForge:
You're smart; why haven't you learned Python yet?