Webware for Python 0.7
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:00:40 -0500
Webware for Python 0.7 is now available!
Webware for Python is a suite of software components for developing
object-oriented, web-based applications. The suite uses well known design
patterns and includes popular features such as:
* A fast, easy-to-use application server
* Python Server Pages (PSP)
* Object-relational mapper
* Task scheduler
* User manager with authentication
* CGI wrapper
Key goals of the project include:
* An expansive suite of components and features to cover common needs of web
* Modular architecture where components can be used together or independently.
* Excellent documentation and numerous examples.
* Open source development and community (Python-style license).
For more information or to download Webware 0.7 see
Changes since version 0.6.1:
Python 2.0 or higher is now required.
Components of Webware no longer have independent version
numbers. There is just an overall Webware version number.
Each component still has an independent status of
alpha, beta, etc.
New option "gobblewhitespace" in Python Server Pages lets
you write if/else and try/except statements in a more
New option "formatter" in Python Server Pages lets you
specify an alternate formatter function to use instead of
New feature in MiddleKit: model inheritance. See the
user's guide for details.
Improvements to the CSV functionality in MiscUtils.
- PickleRPC as a more Pythonic alternative to XML-RPC
- SessionPrefix setting that can be used with mod_rewrite
for easy load balancing with session affinity
- improved exception reporting hooks
- EmailErrorReportAsAttachment setting can be used to
send HTML error pages as attachments
- minor bug fixes
Major speed improvements in MiddleKit.
- Geoff Talvola