The fastest XML parser around

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:28:01 GMT

ReportLab (www.reportlab.com) are proud to announce the release of pyRXP,
the fastest XML parsing toolkit for python, and possibly for any other
language
anywhere:

                     http://www.reportlab.com/xml/pyrxp.html

pyRXP is a wrapper around the excellent RXP parser developed by Richard
Tobin at the University of Edinburgh.  Our goal is very simple:  get an
entire
XML document into memory, and validated, as quickly and efficiently
as possible.   You can parse and validate Hamlet in a tenth of a second on a
standard PC.

pyRXP constructs a tree of tuples in memory with a single API call; the tree
is easy to navigate in standard Python code and can be wrapped up with
DOM-like 'lazy accessor' nodules.  It is standards-compliant
and validating, and is at least 30x faster and 6x more memory efficient than
the
(non-validating) minidom parser in the standard Python distribution.  It
also
comfortably beats the Microsoft and Java (Xerces) parsers in our tests.

Enjoy!

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect, ReportLab Inc.
April 1st 2001