[ANN] bedevere: The Python wrapper to GNU Prolog

Tony Seward Tony Seward <anthony.seward@ieee.org>
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:05:18 -0600 (MDT)

bedevere provides a SWIG wrapper to the GNU Prolog compiler. Current
emphasis is on Python support. Other languages supported by SWIG will
likely be accepted as long as they do not interfere with Python
support.

This is the initial public release.  I would like to see who is
interested in using this wrapper and for what purposes.  I will then
plan a 1.0 release schedule based on the response.  It is essentially
working now, but with the caveat that some things require gprolog on
the path.

There are three working examples in this release:
  1) A Python rewrite of the top level of the gprolog interpreter.
  2) A Python rewrite of the new_main_c.c example from GNU Prolog.
  3) A simple Python script that queries a small Prolog database.

See the homepage for instructions.

Homepage:
  http://bedevere.sourceforge.net/

Mailing list: