PMV, ADT and ViPEr release

Michel F. SANNER sanner@scripps.edu
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:24:42 GMT

We are happy to announce the release 1.1alpha of PMV, ADT and ViPER.

PMV is a Python-based molecular visualization and manipulation program
ADT is a graphical front end to the automated docking program AutoDock
ViPEr is a visual programming environment for Python.

These 3 programs are all built on top a several python packages such as
DejaVu, a general purpose 3D geometry visualization package, MolKit a
component to deal with molecules etc ...

We apologize for the long delay in puting ViPEr online after its
presentation at the last Python conference. Since it shares many
components with previously released tools (PMV and ADT) we had to update
all the tools before releasing ViPEr. I hope the fun you'll have with
ViPEr will make up for the waiting :)

Download at:

http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/packager.html

All of our programs and components are free for non commercial use. Only
a small
subset of the components require a license for commercial use.
You can either download the complete release which contains:
  - a python interpreter version 1.5.2
 - python packages developped in the MGL lab (platform dependent and
independent)
 - Third party python packages (platform dependent and independent)
 - Applications : PMV, ADT and ViPEr.

Or only the packages which contains:
 - python packages developped in the MGL lab (platform dependent and
independent)
 - Third party python packages (platform dependent and independent)
 - Applications : PMV, ADT and ViPEr.

The download "A la carte" is of course still available for the most
advanced users.

You can find more information on our web site :
http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/index.html

Two mailing lists have been created pmv and pmvdev (see README.html file

once you downloaded and installed our packages).

For any question concerning :
        - the installation or PMV please contact Sophie COON
(sophiec@scripps.edu)
        - ADT please contact Ruth Huey (rhuey@scripps.edu)
        - ViPEr please contact Michel Sanner (sanner@scripps.edu)

Have Fun !

Ruth Huey, Sophie Coon, Daniel Stoffler and Michel Sanner