ANN: wxPython Mac on OS X preview

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:02:38 -0700

There are disk images (binary installers) of MachoPython 2.2.1 and the
wxMacPython 2.3.3 preview build available for OS X at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718&release_id=56880

This software should be considered beta quality. It is not the final
wxPython Mac 2.3.3 release. MachoPython 2.2.1 is required to use wxPython
Mac.

I made an announcement on my blog, but forgot to post to c.l.py.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0102677/2002/04/24.html#a49

The most recent information is available on the wxPython-mac mailing list
http://lists.wxwindows.org/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-mac

If you want to help with the project or just join in the fun please
subscribe.

Bug fixes and new binaries should be appearing frequently as a lot of
testing and work is being done on wxMac (the C++ wxWindows sources) and
wxPython Mac right now. Frank Vercruesse has provided some instructions for
building from cvs.

http://lists.wxwindows.org/pipermail/wxpython-mac/2002-April/000227.html

Finally, as might be expected, I'm pretty excited about this because it
means PythonCard works on OS X. More info on that topic is available on the
pythoncard-users mailing list
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pythoncard-users

and the wiki page
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/PythonCardOnMac