ANN: PEP 302, New Import Hooks

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:14:57 +0100

Folks,

There's a new PEP (Python Enhancement Proposal) up for review at:

    http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0302.html

It proposes a mechanism for hooking custom import logic into the
existing builtin import mechanism. An implementation is available as a
patch on sourceforge:

    http://www.python.org/sf/652586

Since this is proposed as an addition to Python 2.3, there isn't much
time left to iron out any wrinkles, so please give this a thorough
review.

It would be greatly appreciated if any discussion on comp.lang.python
would be Cc-ed to me and Paul Moore, since I'm not so sure how much time
we can spend monitoring that group. This is not needed for followups to
python-dev; both of us do monitor that list rather closely.

Just