Wing IDE version 1.1 final
Stephan R.A. Deibel
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:10:12 -0500 (EST)
Archaeopteryx Software is pleased to announce final release of
Wing IDE version 1.1 for Windows and Linux.
A free trial can be obtained by starting here:
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for Python and
mixed language software projects. Our focus is on increasing
programmer productivity through quality and design. Wing IDE
version 1.1 provides you with:
* Source code browser and code index tools for navigating and
understanding Python code.
* Powerful auto-completing code editor with syntax highlighting,
code folding, code reformatting tools, and configurable
personalities (including emacs key bindings).
* Graphical debugging tools, including support for externally
launched code such as web CGIs, embedded scripts, and
Wing runs on Windows 98/NT4/2000/XP and on most Linux distributions.
Wing is already being used all over the world and in many business
and non-profit organisations. Here is some of the positive feedback
we've been receiving:
Changes since 1.0
Here is a summary of changes made since version 1.0 was released:
* Support for Windows platform
* Structural code folding
* Interactive debug probe and debug attach
* Zooming and tracking of debug variable values
* Bundled installers easing use of Wing IDE with the Zope web
* Project file compaction
* Online help
* Configurable font/size for GUI
* Recent menus
* Wheel mouse support (Windows only)
* Improved keyboard navigation of the GUI
* Support for the latest versions of Python
* Many bug fixes and other minor improvements
Users of Wing IDE version 1.0 or any of the 1.1 prereleases can upgrade
to version 1.1 final for free. Your purchase of 1.1 final includes
free upgrades to future 1.x versions of the Wing IDE Basic product.
Thanks so much to our beta testers and for all the useful feedback
The Archaeopteryx Team