ANN: 'which' v0.6.1 - A Python GNU-which replacement

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 01:50:21 -0700

Where?

    http://starship.python.net/~tmick/

What is 'which'?

    GNU which is a common command line app on Unix. There are Windows ports
    (for example, the one in the Cygwin distribution), though I find the
    ones I have seen to be a little stupid. They don't understand the use of
    the PATHEXT environment variable. They don't support the useful '-a'
    option to listing all matches on the current PATH.

    This which has the following features:

        - it is portable (Windows, Linux);
        - it understands PATHEXT on Windows;
        - it can print all matches on the PATH;
        - it can note "near misses" on the PATH (e.g. files that match
          but may not, say, have execute permissions); and
        - it can be used as a Python module.

What platforms?

    Windows and Linux.

Cheers,