ANN: BayPIGgies mailing list *and* meeting

wesc@deirdre.org wesc@deirdre.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

in addition to this Wednesday's meeting (see below), the
mailing list for BayPIGgies is back up at baypiggies.net
please sign up here:

if you had given me your e-mail address or business card
in the past indicating your interest, you have automagically
been added.  if, of course, you *don't* want to be on the
list, you can also unsubscribe at that same page.  you can
click on the "View Subscriber List" to see if you have been
added yet.

here is the main user group website with directions to the
meetings and more info:

    http://deirdre.org/baypiggies

thanks, and see some of you Wednesday night @ Stanford!

-wesley

> From: Wesley J. Chun (wesc@deirdre.org)
> Subject: BayPIGgies meeting Wed 6/12 7:30pm
> Date: 2002-06-10 16:19:35 PST
>
> What:	Python for (Perl) Programmers
> Who:	Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group (BayPIGgies)
> When:	Wednesday, June 12, 2002
> Where:	Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
> Time:	7:30pm - 9pm
>
> This is a talk aimed at introducing Python to programmers
> familar with Perl and other languages, and serves as a warm-up
> to the full tutorial that will be presented at the O'Reilly
> Open Source Convention in San Diego near the end of July.
> Although the non-Python examples use Perl, it's aimed at
> experienced programmers of all sorts.
>
> Our guest speaker is Aahz, long-time active member of the
> Python community.  He has been kicking around the computer
> industry for more than two decades, doing tech support,
> programming, consulting, tech writing, and training. Aahz
> recently signed a book contract for an intermediate-level
> Python book, which will be published in early 2003.
>
> More information + directions:  http://deirdre.org/baypiggies/

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, © 2001
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

wesley.j.chun :: wesc at deirdre.org
cyberweb.consulting : henderson, nv : cyberweb at rocketmail.com
http://roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/