[ANN] Puffin Testing Framework 0.8 Release

A. Keyton Weissinger keyton@weissinger.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:48:12 -0500

The Puffin Testing Framework is a Python-based web application testing
system that allows you to dynamically test even the most complex web systems
as though they were black boxes (i.e without regard to underlying
technology).

In the 0.8 release, I've added the ability to repeat the execution of a test
plan until some condition is met. This allows for constant monitoring of a
web application's functionality or a more complex test run with every
username/password combination for your web application, for example.

As I approach the 1.0 release, I will be adding 'flock,' a multi-threaded
controller for puffin that allows you to run multiple instances of a puffin
test against your web application at one time. The hope is that I can add
easy-to-customize performance testing to puffin's already powerful
functional testing capabilities. So stay tuned!!!

In the mean time, I've updated the user's guide which will take you
step-by-step through configuring puffin for your application and writing
your own test plans and extensions (including the new repeatable test
plans).

Take a look and send me feedback, PLEASE!

BTW, I'm trying to get a bit more disciplined about the use of the bug
tracker on sourceforge so please submit bugs there. If you have any specific
problems with configuring puffin for your web application, please email me
at the address below. I will be more than happy to assist you in return for
some more field testing.

As I said in my last announcement, there are several other testing systems
out there for web applications, but puffin allows for more flexibility than
most and is better documented than almost any you will find.

Take a look:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/puffin/

I hope it comes in useful. Please provide me any feedback you can. I'm
interested in making it the best web application testing system out there
and I cannot do it alone...

Keyton
keyton@weissinger.org