MacPython 2.2.1c2 available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:33:05 +0100

MacPython 2.2.1c2 is available through
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html .

There are two relatively major changes since 2.2.1c1:
- The IDE module browser should now work on OSX! This shouldn't
have broken the IDE on older systems, but you are cordially
invited to test this.
- Most toolbox modules now weak-link against InterfaceLib,
making the modules importable on older systems that miss some of
the newer functionality. This should finally make 2.2.1c2 run on
MacOS 8.1 and later. But: you are cordially invited to test that
this indeed works (if you have 8.1 or 8.6) and doesn't break
anything else (if you have OS9 or later).

OSX users who previously installed 2.2.1c1 may have to remove
their Python preferences file.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -