Python-friendly ISP page

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 17:34:42 -0500

I've added a rudimentary Python-friendly ISP page to the python.org website:

    http://www.python.org/hosting/

There are very few providers listed so far, and for those that are listed,
the information is pretty minimal, mostly taken from postings to c.l.py.
Send feedback to webmaster@python.org.

Virtually any web hosting service offers some level of Python support these
days, even if it's nothing more than /usr/local/bin/python or the ability
for shell customers to install their own copy of the interpreter.  I am
especially interested in knowing what sort of support beyond the bare
minimum is provided.  Many ISPs don't do a very good job publicizing such
features (Zope availability, PIL or mxTools installation, etc), so it's
helpful if the Python community can supplement the ISP's information.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
Boycott Netflix - they spam