ANN: omniORB 4.0.0 and omniORBpy 2.0 release candidates
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:21:30 GMT
I am pleased to announce the release candidates of omniORB 4.0.0 and
omniORB is a robust, high performance CORBA ORB for C++. omniORBpy is
a version for Python. They are freely available under the terms of the
GNU Lesser General Public License (for the libraries), and GNU General
Public License (for the tools). For more information, see
The release candidates contain minor bug fixes and new features since
the beta 2 releases.
Highlights of the new features since omniORB 3.0 and omniORBpy 1:
- Updated to CORBA 2.6.
- Support for GIOP 1.1 and 1.2.
- Wide string and codeset negotiation.
- Unix domain and SSL transports.
- Bidirectional GIOP.
- Flexible thread pool mode.
- Fixed point.
- Complete freeing of all heap allocations.
- Efficient in-process calls between C++ and Python.
- Python / C++ object reference translation API.
- New comprehensive configuration mechanism.
- Commercial support. See http://www.omniorb-support.com/
Release notes are available from
You can download the releases themselves via the release notes pages,
Please try out the release candidates and report any problems you
encounter to the omniORB mailing list. The intention is to make a full
release in a week or so.
-- Duncan Grisby --
-- email@example.com --
-- http://www.grisby.org --