Promoting Python

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:37:26 -0700

One of the hot topics at PyCon was Promoting Python. We had two Open Space
sessions at PyCon that were relevant:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/MarketingPythonOpenSpace

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonOrgWebsiteRedesignOpenSpace

I would like to invite you to join the marketing-python list if you're
interested in contributing ideas or would like to help implement plans to
increase the user-base of Python and make sure that you never have to answer
the question "What is Python?" ever again. If you have marketing, PR, or
business experience that you can share that is a big plus!

One of the top priorities is to improve the python.org website. A mailing
list has been created to coordinate activities. We will need volunteers to
help make python.org a better site. If you have experience building large
web sites, are an experienced web designer, or can help with the nuts and
bolts of the web site maintenance your contributions to making a better
python.org will be quite welcome.

I recommend that you take time to read the marketing-python and
pydotorg-redesign archives, at least the posts from the last few weeks to
catch-up with the discussions.

Welcome to the revolution!

ka
---