Kodos 2.0 - The Python Regular Expression Debugger
1 Dec 2003 11:07:53 -0800
Kodos 2.0 has been released and is available at:
Changes since 1.5:
- Added "replace" capability. You can now define a replace string for
simulating string substitution of your regex. The results tab
displays the replaced string in context to the search string. You can
define the number of replacements that are perfomed (analagous to
pythons re.subn() function).
- Added "match all" tab which displays all regex matches.
- Source code tab now contains additional items (group usage & replace
usage) which makes it a snap for developers to copy/paste code
produced from Kodos into their python applications and scripts.
- Ported the main code to the latest version of BlackAdder. This
resulted in some redundant code being removed.
- Added a Windows installer.exe to the distribution.
- Code cleanup.
Kodos is a regular expression designer, tester, debugger and validator
that allows a developer to create and modify regular expressions
against a test string. The intuitive grahpical interface allows the
developer the ability to modify the regular expression (regex) and to
see the effects against their test string in real-time.
- Matches can be easily viewed and each match can be seen distinctly
- Regex groups and named groups are clearly displayed
- Sample source code is shown so even python developers new to regular
expressions can quickly add the produced regular expressions to their
- Ability to load and save your test cases
- Kodos relies on PyQt for the GUI elements.