20 Jun 2003 13:30:34 -0600
What is cx_Oracle?
cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
Where do I get it?
(it may be a few days before the second site is updated)
1) Fixed bug where zero length PL/SQL arrays were being mishandled
2) Fixed support for the data type "float" in Oracle; added one to the
display size to allow for the sign of the number, if necessary;
changed the display size of unconstrained numbers to 127, which is
the largest number that Oracle can handle
3) Added support for retrieving the description of a bound cursor
before fetching it
4) Fixed a couple of build issues on Mac OS X, AIX and Solaris (64-bit)
5) Modified documentation slightly based on comments from several
6) Included files in MANIFEST that are needed to generate the binaries
7) Modified test suite to work within the test environment at
Computronix as well as within the packages that are distributed
Distinctive Software. Real People.
Suite 200, 10216 - 124 Street NW
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5N 4A3
Phone: (780) 454-3700
Fax: (780) 454-3838