MacPython-2.3b1 binary installers available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Sat, 10 May 2003 00:12:23 +0200

Binary installers for MacPython 2.3b1 are available at
<http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html>.

For 2.3 MacPython will come in two flavors: MacPython-OS9 which runs on
MacOS8.6, MacOS9 and MacOSX and the all-new MacPython-OSX which
includes a normal unix-Python.

In addition to all the normal Python goodies both contain an IDE and a
large collection of modules that give access to MacOS functionality
(Carbon, QuickTime, AppleScript).

MacPython-OSX also has a Package Manager, which allows easy
installation of selected packages (either in source or binary form)
such as Numeric, PIL, wxPython and PyObjC. The latter is an exciting
new package that allows transparent bidirectional bridging with
Objective-C, thereby giving full access to Cocoa from Python.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -