Europython update: Registration open

Jacob Hallen jacob@cd.chalmers.se
10 Apr 2004 00:21:10 GMT

Europython Update
=================

- Registration is now open. We apologise for the delay, but we have
had some technical problems.

- Due to this, we have decided to keep the submission of abstracts
for the refereed track open for one more day. Last submission time is
now on Sunday 11 April at 23.59 CET.

- We have a limited number of beds available in very affordable
accomodation near the conference venue. Book early before it runs out.

- We are still receiving submissions for regular talks and tutorials.
Closing date is 15 April.

- There is now a wiki at the Europython website for sprint organising.
Start planning!

About the conference
====================

EuroPython 2004 will be held 7-9 June in Göteborg, Sweden.

The EuroPython conference will have tracks for Science, Business,
Education, Applications, Frameworks, Zope and the Python language
itself. Lightning talks, Open Space and BOF sessions are also planned.
There will be tutorials as well, both for newcomers to Python and
Python users interested in special subjects. In the days before and
after the conference, programming sprints will be arranged.

Important dates

Refereed paper proposals: until 11 April.
Submission of talks: 1 March - 15 April.
Early Bird registration: 9 April - 1 May.
Accomodation booking: 9 April - 1 May (or until space runs out)

More information at http://www.europython.org.