ANN: libgmail 0.0.7 - Gmail access via Python - Now with FTP Proxy!
follower at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:04:41 CEST 2004
libgmail -- Python binding for Google's Gmail service
The `libgmail` project is a pure Python binding to provide access to
Google's Gmail web-mail service.
The library currently ships with a demonstration utility to archive
messages from a Gmail account into mbox files, suitable for importing
into a local email client.
Also includes a demonstration utility that acts as a SMTP proxy to
allow mail to be sent from any standard mail client that uses SMTP
(e.g. Mail.app, Mozilla etc). (Now handles attachments.)
New demonstration utility to provide access to Gmail message
attachments via a download-only FTP proxy--this allows retrieval of
suitably marked attachments by a standard FTP client. Utilize more
of your Gmail space!
License: GPL 2.0 (gmailftpd.py is dual licensed with PSF)
Major changes since 0.0.6:
* Demo FTP proxy enables marked Gmail message attachments to be
download via FTP.
* Implemented sending & receiving of message attachments.
* Updated SMTP Proxy demo to handle sending attachments.
* Added 'getMessagesByQuery' function.
Major changes since 0.0.5: (Repeated from last announcement)
* Implemented SMTP proxy to enable Gmail to be send with a
standard mail client via (E)SMTP.
* Extended standard SMTP class to handle ESMTP EHLO & AUTH PLAIN commands.
<p><a href="http://libgmail.sf.net/">libgmail 0.0.7</a> - The
`libgmail` project is a pure Python binding to provide access to
Google's Gmail web-mail service; includes SMTP & FTP
More information about the Python-announce-list