ANNOUNCE: wxPython 220.127.116.11
robin at alldunn.com
Mon Aug 30 20:11:27 CEST 2004
I'm pleased to announce the 18.104.22.168 release of wxPython, now available
for download at http://wxpython.org/download.php or
What is wxPython?
wxPython is a GUI toolkit for the Python programming language. It
allows Python programmers to create programs with a robust, highly
functional graphical user interface, simply and easily. It is
implemented as a Python extension module that wraps the popular
wxWidgets cross platform GUI library, which is written in C++.
wxPython is a cross-platform toolkit. This means that the same program
will usually run on multiple platforms without modifications.
Currently supported platforms are 32-bit Microsoft Windows, most Linux
or other Unix-like systems using GTK or GTK2, and Apple Macintosh OS
Changes in 22.214.171.124
This is predominantly a bug-fix release. Changes include:
* Fixed fatal error due to improper wrapping of wx.FSFile.
* Fixed return type of EditableListBox.GetListCtrl
* Give generic tree and list controls a DoGetBestSize so they play
nicer with sizers when there is no minimal size.
* Some tweaks in the demo and samples to correct layout, some
flicker problems, and namespace use.
* Add wx.Image.ConvertAlphaToMask
* Minor corrections in wx.lib.dialogs
* wx.FileHistory constructor now accepts the documented 2nd
* Corrections for exceptions in the new ogl
* Fixed XRCed to not use reparenting of windows to implement caching
of property panels, since Reparent on wxMac is not implemented.
* Add support for wxTAB_TRAVERSAL to the XRC handler for
* Add support for all wxListBox styles to the XRC handler for
* Fix for wx.Listbook.DeleteAllPages to really delete everything.
* wxGTK2 now supports alpha blended bitmap drawing
* Made wx.grid.Grid play nicer with sizers.
http://wxPython.org Java give you jitters? Relax with wxPython!
More information about the Python-announce-list