RELEASED: Shtoom 0.1
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:34:32 +1100
I'm happy to announce the first release of Shtoom. Shtoom is a Python
implementation of a voice over IP software phone, using the standard SIP
protocol. The first release features:
- basic calling functionality (can make and receive calls),
- Qt, Gtk, Tkinter and text user interfaces (of varying degrees of
- audio support for Linux/FreeBSD (using ossaudiodev) and Windows/MacOS X
- audio codecs G711 (64kbit/s) and GSM 06.10 audio (3kbit/s) with an
- firewall traversal via STUN.
It's been tested against Cisco IOS 12.3, Asterisk, kphone and linphone.
It's available from the website: http://shtoom.sf.net/
Future plans include:
- error handling <wink>
- SIP registration support
- A number of other applications, including shtam (answering machine) and
shtoomcu (conferencing server).
Anthony Baxter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.