ANN: PChess 0.9

Jesper Olsen jolsen at despammed.com
Sun Jul 18 18:41:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

I don't know if the world needs another chess program, but here is one :-)

http://jesperolsen.net/PChess/index.html

It is a C-extension for python, and includes a cgi based chess application:

http://jesperolsen.net/PChess/cgiskak.py

The chess engine itself, is one I wrote a long time ago, and now I have updated
it (for ANSI C) and created a python wrapper for it.

I am planning a few more releases - adding features to the python interface.
I have previously written GUIs for it, but they don't seem to last very long
before becomming obsolete.
I'm not going to do another - in addition to the CGI game, but may try to
interface it to an existing one.

If you are aware of a good candidate - particularly if it has a python
interface and is relatively platform independent, I am interested.

Cheers
Jesper