[ANNOUNCE] Durus object database

Neil Schemenauer nas at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jul 23 23:08:11 CEST 2004

I am happy to announce the first public release of the Durus
object database.  Durus offers an easy way to maintain a consistent
persistent collection of Python object instances used by one or more
processes.  For more information, see the web site:

    http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/durus/

Although this release is numbered 0.1, we believe Durus is stable
and reliable.  We have been using it seriously for a some months now.
Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Note that Durus does not support multi-threaded database access.  If
that is a requirement for your application, we recommend using the
Zope Object Database (ZODB) instead.