itools 0.4.1 -- docs included
"J. David Ibáñez"
Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:50:38 +0200
itools 0.4.1 has been released, besides minor fixes, the big news are:
- development has moved from CVS to GNU arch (with wonderful results)
- the documentation has been released for the first time
Download from (new address): http://www.ikaaro.org/
Browse the archive at: http://in-girum.net/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi
What is itools?
Itools is a Python package that encapsulates several Python tools:
* itools.uri -- an API to manage URIs, to identify and locate resources.
* itools.resources -- an abstraction layer over resources that let to
manage them with a consistent API, independently of where they are stored.
* itools.handlers -- resource handlers infrastructure (resource
handlers are non persistent classes that add specific semantics to
resources). This package also includes several handlers out of the
* itools.xml -- XML infrastructure, includes resource handlers for XML,
XHTML and HTML documents. Plus the Simple Template Language.
* itools.i18n -- tools for language negotiation and text segmentation.
* itools.workflow -- represent workflows as automatons, objects can move
from one state to another through transitions, classes can add specific
semantics to states and transitions.
* itools.lucene -- An underway implementation of the famous Jakarta's
indexing and search tool.
J. David Ibáñez
Founder and CTO of Itaapy <http://www.itaapy.com>
9 rue Darwin, 75018 Paris
Tel +33 (0)1 42 23 67 45 / Fax +33 (0)1 53 28 27 88