ANN: Spineless game engine 0.0.1
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:24:12 GMT
Spineless is a generic 3D game engine implemented in Python with C++
optimizations. Focus is on clean design and ease of use, not pure speed.
It is still very incomplete and not really useful yet for serious use,
but I would appreciate feedback, comments and suggestions.
- Clean design
- Both 2D and 3D graphics accelerated with OpenGL
- Custom, completely resolution-independent GUI module
- Resource management (fonts, textures, sound samples)
- Scene graph with collision detection
- Physical simulation with collision response and friction
Note that the engine is still very unpolished and unoptimized and lacks
proper documentation. However, you can mail me with questions and
You can find the Spineless web page here: