A Byte of Python - Python Book / Tutorial

Swaroop C H python@g2swaroop.net
5 Mar 2004 13:13:21 -0800

Hello everyone,

	I have a written a book on Python which serves as a tutorial or
guide for anyone who wants to learn Python. It specifically targets
beginners but experienced programmers can benefit a lot with the
special notes for them.

The chapters are :

Contents at a Glance

   1. Introduction
   2. Installing Python
   3. First Steps
   4. Basics
   5. Operators and Expressions
   6. Control Flow
   7. Functions
   8. Modules
   9. Data Structures
  10. Problem Solving - Writing a Python Script
  11. Object-Oriented Programming
  12. Input/Output
  13. Exceptions
  14. The Python Standard Library
  15. More Python
  16. What Next?
  17. Appendices
          * Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS)
          * About

The book is located at :

http://www.python.g2swaroop.net/

During my first brush with Python, I felt there was a need for a good
introductory guide to Python, and recent discussions on comp.lang.python
reinforce that. I hope this book helps fill that void.

This is my first attempt at writing anything so huge and so I am looking
forward to your suggestions and criticisms so that I can further improve the
book.

Thanks,
Swaroop C H
www.python.g2swaroop.net