Europython Call for Participation

Jacob Hallen jacob@cd.chalmers.se
19 Mar 2004 23:59:38 GMT

EuroPython 2004 to be held 7-9 June in Göteborg, Sweden.

The EuroPython conference will have tracks for Science, Business,
Education, Applications, Frameworks, Zope and the Python language
itself. Lightning talks, Open Space and BOF sessions are also planned.

There will be tutorials as well, both for newcomers to Python and
Python users interested in special subjects. In the days before and
after the conference, programming sprints will be arranged.

In the call for participation prospective speakers are welcomed to
give either a formal, refereed paper or a less formal regular
presentation.

"We see a lot of interest in this years conference even before
officially announcing it, with people asking for accomodation
information, wanting to give talks and volunteering for other tasks",
says Jacob Hallén, head organiser.

"We hope that people will stay for a few days after the conference to
join spontaneously organised programming sprints", says Laura
Creighton, sprint coordinator. "Sprints are fun, and we will have good
facilities for them."

Important dates

    * Refereed paper proposals: 19 March - 31 March
    * Submission of talks: 19 March - 15 April.
    * Early Bird registration: 31 March - 1 May.

For more information and submission forms, please visit

http://www.europython.org