NEW MAINTAINER for Pymacs [corrected]

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Sep 24 16:57:57 CEST 2004

   [The contents of this announcement is identical to the one I sent a few
    days ago, except for Syver's email address.  Please disregard the
    initial announcement.  I'm sorry for the information duplication.]

Hello to everybody, and Emacs users in the Python community.

The Pymacs project (described below) now has new maintainer: Syver
Enstad <syver.enstad at asker.online.no>.  I'm inviting Pymacs users to
collaborate with Syver as nicely as they always did with me.  Syver
himself has always been known to me as a helpful, competent and
enthusiastic Pymacs user.

Future announcement or news, as well as any decision about Pymacs,
will originate from Syver instead of me.  Also, reports, questions or
suggestions about Pymacs should ideally be sent directly to Syver.

--------------------

Pymacs is a powerful tool which, once started from Emacs, allows
both-way communication between Emacs Lisp and Python.  Pymacs aims
Python as an extension language for Emacs rather than the other way
around, and this assymetry is reflected in some design choices.  Within
Emacs Lisp code, one may load and use Python modules.  Python functions
may themselves use Emacs services, and handle Emacs Lisp objects kept in
Emacs Lisp space.

See `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca' for more documentation, including
the manual in HTML form.  The canonical Pymacs distribution is
available as `http://pymacs.progiciels-bpi.ca/archives/Pymacs.tar.gz'.
Report problems and suggestions to Syver Enstad
`mailto:syver.enstad at asker.online.no'.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca