ANN: Python 2.3.2 for PalmOS available

lucio.torre at gmail.com lucio.torre at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 01:40:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

Some months ago i did a port of the Python2.3.2 interpreter to PalmOS.
I didnt port any C module or created modules for PalmOS API's. But you
can run an interpreter and use stdin/stdout from a form.

There is also a tool to freeze scripts and use the interpreter as a
pseudo-shared library.

While talking with Facundo while in a PyAr meeting (python-argentina,
http://www.python.org/ar ) he told me that there is some interest in
this platform.

So, ive made an initial release that has no documentation on how to use
it or compile it (it requires codewarrior). If there is any interest on
this, please let me know so we can work on getting this as a real port.

As usual, this is just a proof of concept and is ugly in many ways.
(ie, in Palm, code segments must be less than 64K, so some files had to
be split and rearranged  ).

If anyone want to check this out, heres the url:
http://pyar.decode.com.ar/Members/ltorre/PythonPalm

Regards,

Lucio.