ANN: cssutils 0.8a3 (alpha 3 release)
csad7 at t-online.de
Sat Aug 13 19:02:02 CEST 2005
what is it
A Python package to parse and build CSS Cascading Style Sheets. Partly
implements the DOM Level 2 Stylesheets and DOM Level 2 CSS interfaces.
The implementation uses some Python standard features like standard
lists for classes like css.CSSRuleList and is hopefully a bit easier to use.
changes since the last full release
**MAJOR API CHANGE**
reflecting DOM Level 2 Stylesheets and DOM Level 2 CSS
see http://cthedot.de/cssutils/ for a complete list of changes, examples etc
changes in 0.8a3
* custom log for CSSparser should work again
* calling script cssparser has 2 new options (not using optparse yet...)
cssparser.py filename.css [encoding[, "debug"]]
1. encoding of the filename.css to parse
2. if called with "debug" debugging mode is enabled and default log
prints all messages
* cssutils.css.CSSUnknownRule reintegrated and Tests added
* cssutils.Comment reintegrated
implements css.CSSRule, there a new typevalue COMMENT (=-1) is added
* lexer does handle strings *almost* right now...
* simplified lexer, still lots of simplification todo
* @media and @page rules are disabled (Unknown Rule will be used currently)
* string with enclosed quotes probably do cause errors e.g.
content: "some \"text";
will likely break the parser
* probably all escaped characters (\x) will break the parser
* nested blocks like in @media or custom at-rules will probably not work
cssutils is published under the LGPL.
download cssutils 0.8a3 alpha - 050813 from http://cthedot.de/cssutils/
This is an alpha release so use at your own risk! Some parts will not
work as expected... Any bug report is welcome.
* Python 2.3 (tested with Python 2.4.1 on Windows XP only)
* maybe PyXML (tested with PyXML 0.8.4 installed)
any comment will be appreciated, thanks
<P><A HREF="http://cthedot.de/cssutils/">cssutils 0.8a3</A> - cssutils -
CSS Cascading Style Sheets library for Python (13-Aug-05)
More information about the Python-announce-list