anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:41:08 CET 2005
What is cx_Oracle?
cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
Where do I get it?
1) Add support for dropping a connection from a session pool.
2) Add support for write only attributes "module", "action" and "clientinfo"
which work only in Oracle 10g as requested by Egor Starostin.
3) Add support for pickling database errors.
4) Use the previously created bind variable as a template if available when
creating a new variable of a larger size. Thanks to Ted Skolnick for the
5) Fixed tests to work properly in the Python 2.4 environment where dates and
timestamps are different Python types. Thanks to Henning von Bargen for
pointing this out.
6) Added additional directories to search for include files and libraries in
order to better support the Oracle 10g instant client.
7) Set the internal fetch number to 0 in order to satisfy very picky source
analysis tools as requested by Amaury Fogeot d'Arc.
8) Improve the documentation for building and installing the module from
source as some people are unaware of the standard methods for building
Python modules using distutils.
9) Added note in the documentation indicating that the arraysize attribute
can drastically affect performance of queries since this seems to be a
common misunderstanding of first time users of cx_Oracle.
10) Add a comment indicating that on HP-UX Itanium with Oracle 10g the library
ttsh10 must alos be linked against. Thanks to Bernard Delmee for the
More information about the Python-announce-list