mrquery: finds duplicate images

Edward C. Jones edcjones at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 22:01:57 CET 2005

I have uploaded "mrquery.05.12.19.tgz"' to my web page
"http://members.tripod.com/~edcjones/pycode.html".

"mrquery" finds the duplicate images in a collection of
images. It implements a variant of the algorithm in
"Fast Multiresolution Image Querying" by Charles E.
Jacobs, Adam Finkelstein and David H. Salesin. Search
for "mrquery.pdf" at Citeseer or on the Internet. The
mrquery algorithm has been implemented elsewhere.
Especially check out "imgSeek" at
"http://imgseek.python-hosting.com/".

I order to use this program, you need:
   Familiarity with the standard UNIX commands
   Linux (other UNIX systems may work)
   Python 2.4 or later (2.2 or 2.3 may work)
   Experience programming with Python
   To know how to compile C programs (preferably with gcc)

Warning: this program is new, buggy and command-line
oriented.