anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:52:49 CET 2005
What is cx_Freeze?
cx_Freeze is a set of utilities for freezing Python scripts into
executables using many of the techniques found in Thomas Heller's
py2exe, Gordon McMillan's Installer and the Freeze utility that ships
with Python itself.
Where do I get it?
(it may be a few days before the second site is updated)
1) Add support for compressing the byte code in the zip files that are produced.
2) Add better support for the win32com package as requested by Barry Scott.
3) Prevent deletion of target file if it happens to be identical to
the source file.
4) Include additional flags for local modifications to a Python build
as suggested by Benjamin Rutt.
5) Expanded instructions for building cx_Freeze from source based on a
suggestion from Gregg Lind.
6) Fix typo in help string.
More information about the Python-announce-list