htmldata 1.0.6

C. Barnes connellybarnes at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 04:06:57 CET 2005

htmldata 1.0.6 is available.

http://oregonstate.edu/~barnesc/htmldata/

The htmldata module allows one to translate HTML
documents back and forth to list data structures.
This allows for programmatic reading and writing
of HTML documents, with much flexibility.

Functions are also available for extracting
and/or modifying all URLs present in the HTML
or stylesheets of a document.

Version 1.0.6 is a bugfix release offering:
 * Improved URL extraction from stylesheets.

I have found this library useful for writing
robots, for "wrapping" all of the URLs on
websites inside my own proxy CGI script, for
filtering HTML, and for doing flexible wget-like
mirroring.

It keeps things as simple as possible, so it
should be easy to learn.

Supports XHTML, too.

 - Connelly Barnes