ANN: SimPy 1.5.1 release
kgmuller at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 13 20:39:28 CET 2005
It is our pleasure to announce the release of SimPy 1.5.1. It can be
SimPy is a process-based discrete-event simulation
package based on standard Python.
From this version on, SimPy is released under the
GNU Lesser GPL (LGPL). This change in licensing (from mGPL
oroginally)has been made to allow/encourage the use of SimPy by
SimPy provides the modeller with components of a simulation
model. These include processes, for active components like
customers, messages, and vehicles, and resources, for
passive components that form limited capacity congestion
points like servers, checkout counters, and tunnels. It also
provides monitor variables to aid in gathering statistics.
Changes relative to version 1.5:
- MAJOR LICENSE CHANGE:
Starting with this version 1.5.1, SimPy is being
released under the GNU Lesser General Public License
(LGPL), instead of the GNU GPL.
- Minor re-release otherwise
- No additional/changed functionality
- Includes unit test file'MonitorTest.py' which had been
accidentally omitted from 1.5
- Provides updated version of 'Bank.html' tutorial on using SimPy for
- Provides an additional tutorial ('Bank2.html') which shows
how to use the new synchronization constructs introduced in
- More logical, cleaner version numbering in files.
- Improved source code/API documentation (produced by
Klaus Muller Tony Vignaux
More information about the Python-announce-list