ANN: PyQwt3D-0.1 released
gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Feb 27 16:06:50 CET 2005
What is PyQwt3D?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the QwtPlot3D C++ class library
which extends the Qt framework with widgets for 3D data visualization.
PyQwt3D inherits the snappy feel from QwtPlot3D.
The examples at http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/pyqwt3d-examples.html
show how easy it is to make a 3D plot and how to save a 3D plot to
an image or an (E)PS/PDF file.
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, Qwt, the Numerical Python extensions
(either Numeric, or numarray or both) and optionally SciPy in a GUI
Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, MacOS/X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
The home page of PyQwt3D is http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net.
1. Python-2.4 downto -2.3.
2. PyQt-3.14 downto -3.12.
3. SIP-4.2 downto -4.0, but SIP-4.2 is recommended.
PyQwt3D does *not* support SIP-3.x (I tried, but failed).
4. Qt-3.3.4 downto -2.3.0.
Have fun -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Python-announce-list