ANN: Paranoia 1.2 released (Port of old BSD Game)

Sean P. Kane spkane at mac.com
Mon Jan 10 01:45:58 CET 2005

Paranoia 1.2 has been released!

What is it?
========

Paranoia 1.2 is a port to Python from C of the old "paranoia" console
game that used to be distributed with the bsd-games package, but has
long since been removed. I ported this from C to Python as an exercise
in learning Python and because I was suffering a serious bout of
boredom and nostalgia.

Paranoia is based on the role playing game, by the same name, that was
very popular amoung a certain set during the 1980's and is making a
resurgance today.

Note that this release is as identical to the oringal game as I could
make it within reason. I'm not a C coder, so I may have missed some
functionality, but I don't think so. If you notice any errors or have
any suggestions on cleaning up the Python code, please feel free to
contact me.

Where can I get it?

paranoia.py and the original c code that it is based on are currently
avaliable from:
http://homepage.mac.com/spkane/python/

Enjoy!