[Ann] PyName and downman

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Jan 12 11:25:29 CET 2005

A couple of new 'modules' available from Voidspace Pythonutils.

PyName
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pyname

Slightly tongue in cheek, this isn't really a python module. It's three
lists of English words containing 'py' - intended to be helpful to those
choosing names for python projects. The word lists were produced from an
initial file of about 8mb. Words selected all contain 'py', single words
or hyphenated words, but no compound words.

* pywordlist.txt  All words contain 'py' 23kb - 1946 words
* pywordlist2.txt All words starting or ending in 'py' 16kb - 1406 words
* pywordlist3.txt All words as pywordlist2, but only words less than 10
chars long 5kb - 658 words.

downman.py
Version 0.2.1 14th December 2004
Simple Download Manager
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/cgi.shtml#downman

This is a simple download manager tool. It may be egotistical, but I
like to know which of my projects are being downloaded (and which
aren't). Simply make your files available in a single directory and have
the links point to downman (see the download link for downman itself for
an example) and downman will track the downloads. At the moment it only
presents simple data - but all the raw data is collected to do per
week/last month (or whatever) analysis. It will also manage links as well.

See the example output at
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/cgi-bin/voidspace/downman.py

Regards,

Fuzzyman