[ANN] Release 0.42 of Task Coach
frank at niessink.com
Sun Jul 17 20:35:08 CEST 2005
I'm pleased to announce release 0.42 of Task Coach. New in this release:
* Double clicking a task with children in the tree view would open the
edit dialog and expand or collapse the task as well. Fixed to not
collapse or expand the task when double clicking it.
* Adding a subtask to a collapsed parent task now automatically expands
the parent task.
* Changing the description of a task or effort record wouldn't mark the
task file as changed.
* Time spent is now updated every second.
* Don't try to make a backup when loading the file fails. Reported by
* (Windows installer only) Association between .tsk files and Task Coach
* The start date of a task can now be left unset, creating a task that
is permanently inactive. This can be useful for activities that you
would normally not want to plan, but have to keep a time record for,
What is Task Coach?
Task Coach is a simple task manager that allows for hierarchical
tasks, i.e. tasks in tasks. Task Coach is open source (GPL) and is
developed using Python and wxPython. You can download Task Coach from:
A binary installer is available for Windows XP, in addition to the
Note that Task Coach is alpha software, meaning that it is wise to back
up your task file regularly, and especially when upgrading to a new release.
More information about the Python-announce-list