ANN: Spyce 2.0.3

Jonathan Ellis jbellis at
Fri Jul 22 05:34:06 CEST 2005

Spyce 2.0.3 released

Spyce is a python web application server, combining features of
popular frameworks such as ASP.NET and JSP with Pythonic elegance.
Spyce may be deployed as a standalone server, proxied behind
Apache, under mod_python, FastCGI, or CGI.

Spyce 2.0 includes features unique to Python web frameworks such as
  Active Handlers
    - reusable components without the leaky abstractions seen in
      ASP.NET et al.
  Active Tag compiler

2.0.3 is a bugfix and documentation-improvement release.
The installation section of the manual has received particular
attention.  There is also the new section on starting your first
project (,
which answers the FAQ, "how do I organize my Spyce files."

Demos and downloads are available at

Changelog is at

Jonathan Ellis