Announce: Python for .NET 1.0 RC2 released
brian at zope.com
Sun Jun 5 18:15:09 CEST 2005
Hi all -
I'm happy to announce the release of Python for .NET 1.0 RC2.
You can download it from:
Highlights of this release:
- Changed some uses of Finalize as a static method name that confused
Mono compiler and people reading the code. Note that this may be a
breaking change if anyone was calling PythonEngine.Finalize(). If so,
you should now use PythonEngine.Shutdown().
- Tweaked assembly lookup to ensure that assemblies can be found in the
current working directory, even after changing directories using
like os.chdir() from Python.
- Fixed some incorrect finalizers (thanks to Greg Chapman for the
that may have caused some threading oddities.
- Tweaked support for out and ref parameters. If a method has a return
type of void and a single ref or out parameter, that parameter will be
returned as the result of the method. This matches the current
of IronPython and makes it more likely that code can be moved between
Python for .NET and IP in the future.
- Refactored part of the assembly manager to remove a potential case of
thread-deadlock in multi-threaded applications.
- Added a __str__ method to managed exceptions that returns the Message
attribute of the exception and the StackTrace (if available).
Thanks to all who have sent in issue reports, patches and suggestions
for this and past releases.
Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering 540.361.1716
Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com
More information about the Python-announce-list