Chicago Python Group, Thurs March 10

Ian Bicking ianb at
Tue Mar 8 06:38:07 CET 2005

The Chicago Python User Group, ChiPy, will have its next meeting
on Thursday, March 10, starting at 7pm.  For more information on ChiPy

This week we will have two presentations.  Robert Ramsdell will talk
about SimPy.  SimPy (Simulation in Python) is an object-oriented,
process-based discrete-event simulation language based on standard
Python. It provides the modeler with components of a simulation model
including processes, for active components like customers, messages, and
vehicles, and resources, for passive components that form limited
capacity congestion points like servers, checkout counters, and tunnels.
It also provides monitor variables to aid in gathering statistics.

Ian Bicking will be presenting on WSGI, WSGIKit, and Python web
programming.  WSGI is a new Python standard for interfacing between web
servers (like Apache or Twisted) and web applications.  WSGIKit is a
reimplementation of Webware for Python using a series of WSGI
components.  He will be talking about its design and utilization of WSGI
to create cross-framework libraries.

This month we will be having our first suburban meeting, in Downer's Grove:

   3333 Finley Road
   Downer's Grove
   Near the intersection of I-355 and Buttefield Road.
   Convenient to Fry's!

Parking is plentiful.  Some people are carpooling from the city --
contact the mailing list if you are interested.chiPy at

About ChiPy

We meet once amonth, on the second Thursday of the month.  If you can't
come this month, please join our mailing list: