ANN: MoinMoin 1.3.4 (advanced wiki engine) released
2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon Mar 14 00:33:22 CET 2005
/\/\ ___ (_)_ __ /\/\ ___ (_)_ __
/ \ / _ \| | '_ \ / \ / _ \| | '_ \ __
/ /\/\ \ (_) | | | | / /\/\ \ (_) | | | | | /| _)
\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_| |.__)
MoinMoin 1.3.4 advanced wiki engine released
MoinMoin is an easy to use, full-featured and extensible wiki software
package written in Python. It can fulfill a wide range of roles, such as
a personal notes organizer deployed on a laptop or home web server,
a company knowledge base deployed on an intranet, or an Internet server
open to individuals sharing the same interests, goals or projects.
A wiki is a collaborative hypertext environment with an emphasis
on easy manipulation of information.
MoinMoin 1.3.4 is a maintenance release that fixes several bugs and
introduces some new features. See below. Upgrading is recommended
for all users. - http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
Major bugs that were fixed
* Fixed a few non-critical ACL issues which might have led to leakage
* Workaround on Windows 95, 98, ME. This fixes some bugs related to an
outdated page list and newly created pages that did not appear
* Fixed decoding issues of page names on Windows, finally.
* Fixed traceback on IIS.
* Many fixes in WikiRPC.
* Fixed backlinks - the result did not always show all links, often it
showed too many irrelevant matches (MoinMoinBugs/BacklinksAreBroken).
* Fixed the acceptance of the show_hosts setting. Now you should be able
to hide any IP or host name from being published by MoinMoin by enabling
* Fixed free parent and subpage links in interwiki notation.
* Various other bugfixes.
Major New features
* Added the pragmas description and keywords. They will add <meta> headers
* The search modifier "linkto:" was introduced. You can use it to search
* Added support for Digest and NTLM authentication with CGI (e.g. if you
use those Apache modules)
* Date and DateTime macros accept a timezone specification.
For a more detailed list of changes, see the CHANGES file in the
distribution or http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.3/CHANGES
Major new features in 1.3
* MoinMoin speaks your language! Complete Unicode support,
translated system and help pages in more than ten languages, and
support for languages written from right to left are the base features
of our internationalisation support.
* Fresh look and feel. New default user interface design, improved
existing themes and enhanced theme plug-in framework that make it
easier to modify the design or create completely new user interface.
* Find anything on your wiki, instantly. New search engine and
streamlined Google-like search interface, using multiple search
terms, regular expressions, search term modifiers and boolean search.
* Antispam - keep spammers out of you wiki. Protect your wiki with
automatically updated spam patterns maintained on the MoinMaster
wiki, and shared by all MoinMoin wikis worlwide.
* Underlay directory - easy upgrade and maintenance. New streamlined
directory layout protects all system and help pages in a separate
* Run with your favorite server. Use either a standalone server that
requires only Python, the high performance Twisted server, Apache with
Fast CGI, mod_python or plain CGI.
* Multiconfig - easier, more powerful configuration. New class-based
configuration allow you to easily configure single or multiple
wikis sharing a common setup.
MoinMoin has been around since year 2000. Most of the codebase was
written by Jürgen Hermann; it is currently being developed by a growing
team. Being originally based on PikiPiki, it has evolved heavily since then
(PikiPiki and MoinMoin 0.1 consisted of just one file!). Many large
enterprises have been using MoinMoin as a key tool of their intranet, some
even use it for their public web page. A large number of Open Source
projects use MoinMoin for communication and documentation. Of course there
is also a large number of private installations.
* Project site: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/
* Feature list: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinFeatures
* Download: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
* This software is available under the GNU General Public License v2.
* Changes: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.3/CHANGES
* Upgrade: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnUpdating
* Known bugs:
sent by Alexander Schremmer for the MoinMoin team
More information about the Python-announce-list