Snakelets 1.38 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)
Irmen de Jong
irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 20 00:19:06 CET 2005
I'm happy to say that Snakelets 1.38 is available.
Snakelets is a very simple-to-use Python web application server.
This project provides a built-in threaded web server (so you don't
need to set up Apache or another web server), Ypages (HTML+Python
language, similar to Java's JSPs) and Snakelets: code-centric page
request handlers (similar to Java's Servlets).
Snakelets is fully unicode compatible and it's possible to run it
from a CD (read-only mode).
It's released under the open-source MIT Software license.
You can download from http://snakelets.sourceforge.net
(go to the SF project site, and then the file section).
A selection of the changes:
- Documentation cleanups and improvements, more info on Apache config.
- now requires at least Python 2.3 to run
- added 'smart suffix finder'
- fixed cookie removal problem, templated error page, and other smaller issues
- static asset and url convenience stuff
- documented static-file serving API (to facilitate download pages etc)
- directory lister is now a (server-)plugin
- new plugin distr corresponding with this new version
- many cleanups in the html pages
To start, edit the vhost config file (see docs) and
then run the serv.py script, or the monitor.py script
if you want to start it as a daemon (on Unix).
--Irmen de Jong.
P.S. if you want to see it in action, visit http://www.razorvine.net/snake/
More information about the Python-announce-list