ZODB 3.5 final released

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Sep 2 00:09:28 CEST 2005

I'm pleased to announce the release of ZODB 3.5 final.  This corresponds to
the ZODB that will ship in Zope 3.1.  You can download a source tarball or
Windows installer from:

    http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.5

Note that there are two Windows installers, for Python 2.3 (2.3.5 is
recommended) and Python 2.4 (2.4.1 is recommended).

ZODB 3.5 is very close to ZODB 3.4.1 in features.  Subtransactions are
deprecated in 3.5 (in favor of savepoints), and 3.5 adds a simple
multi-database feature (a way to group multiple databases into a collection,
such that a connection to any database in the collection can be used to
obtain connections to the other databases in the collection).  See the NEWS
file for details:

    http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.5/NEWS.html

It's traditional to give a long list of ZODB releases and their
corresponding Zope releases at this point.  To save time, henceforth I'm
going to point to ZODB's "current status" page instead:

    http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/CurrentStatus