ANN: MayaVi-1.5 released
prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Sep 13 13:49:26 CEST 2005
This is to announce the availability of the MayaVi Data Visualizer
MayaVi is a free, easy to use, scientific data visualizer. It is
written in Python, uses the Visualization Toolkit (VTK) for the
graphics and provides a GUI written using Tkinter. MayaVi is
distributed under a BSD license. It is also cross platform and should
run on any platform where both Python and VTK are available (this
includes Linux, Windows and Mac OSX). Also bundled with MayaVi is a
VTK pipeline browser written in Python and a utility module that makes
using VTK easier from the Python interpreter. For more information,
sources, binaries, screenshots, installation instructions,
documentation etc. visit the MayaVi home page at:
Home page: http://mayavi.sourceforge.net
New in this release
* Added new LUT editor contributed by Gerald Knizia and Arnd
Baecker. The LUT editor allows one to edit the colors in RGB or
HSV mode. The editor can also be used standalone.
* Added support to easily add user defined sources (works just
like the user defined modules and filters). Contributed by Ross
* Support for VolumeProMapper contributed by Daniel James White
and Heikki Uuksulainen.
* Added a Vorticity filter (contributed by Gareth Clay) that
computes the vorticity of input vector data.
* Updated MayaVi and vtkPipeline to work with VTK-CVS and VTK-5.x.
Support for VTK versions < 4.0 has been removed. MayaVi and the
pipeline browser will continue to work with VTK-4.x.
* Added a utility vtk_doc.py script that allows one to search the
VTK class docs using a GUI.
* Fixed severe bug in opening data files belonging to a
time-series under Windows.
* Fixed various other bugs (details in full changelog).
Many thanks to SourceForge for their continued support in hosting
MayaVi. Thanks also to various the users who provided feature
improvements, patches, bug reports, support and suggestions.
More information about the Python-announce-list