BayPIGgies: DATE CHANGE September 15, 7:30pm (Google)

Aahz aahz at
Tue Sep 13 15:38:27 CEST 2005

The next meeting of BayPIGgies will be Thurs, September 15 at 7:30pm at
Google, Bldg 40, room Temp Tech Talk.  You need to go to the lobby of
Bldg 43 first to get a badge.

Ben Bangert will do "SQLObject & FormEncode, A Practical Introduction"
 - Using SQLObject to integrity check legacy databases
 - FormEncodes use for validation and data coercion
 - Easy web front-ends to databases
 - Fully abstracted database access for easy portability

BayPIGgies meetings alternate between IronPort (San Bruno, California)
and Google (Mountain View, California).  For more information and
directions, see

Before the meeting, we sometimes meet at 6pm for dinner.  Discussion of
dinner plans is handled on the BayPIGgies mailing list.

Advance notice: The meeting agenda for October 13 and December 8 has been
set.  We've got some options on the plate for November but haven't
settled anything yet.  Please send e-mail to baypiggies at if
you want to suggest an agenda (or volunteer to give a presentation).
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

The way to build large Python applications is to componentize and
loosely-couple the hell out of everything.