ANN: ActivePython 126.96.36.199 is now available
trentm at ActiveState.com
Thu Apr 6 18:45:17 CEST 2006
I'm happy to announce that ActivePython 188.8.131.52 is now available for free
This release is a maintenance/update release for existing platforms.
Changes in this release include:
- [Windows] Update to recent PyWin32 (build 208.1+)
- Update to bzip2 1.0.3 (from 1.0.2) [bug 45239]
- Update to Python 2.4.3
- [Windows] Fix a bug where the PyWin32 docs Table of Contents did not appear
in the ActivePython CHM.
- [Mac OS X] Fix errors in the build number in the Python.framework
Info.plist and version.plist.
ActivePython on Mac OS X
Currently ActivePython provides separate Intel and PowerPC builds for Mac OS
X rather than one universal build. Note that in the relatively near future
ActivePython will switch to a universal build.
What is ActivePython?
ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary distribution of
Python. Builds for AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, and Windows
are made freely available.
ActivePython includes the Python core and core extensions (zlib 1.2.3,
bzip2 1.0.3, bsddb 4.2.52.NC, Tk 8.4.12, and Tix 8.1.4) and is fully
compatible with other Python distributions of the same version.
ActivePython also includes a wealth of Python documentation, including:
- the core Python docs;
- Andrew Kuchling's "What's New in Python" series;
- the Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python;
- Mark Pilgrim's excellent "Dive into Python"; and
- a snapshot of the Python FAQs, HOWTOs, and PEPs.
An online version of the docs can be found here:
We would welcome any and all feedback to:
ActivePython-feedback at ActiveState.com
Please file bugs against ActivePython at:
On what platforms does ActivePython run?
ActivePython now includes installers for the following ten platforms:
- Linux/x86_64: "x86_64" is also known as "AMD64"
- Mac OS X/PowerPC
- Mac OS X/x86
- Windows/x64: "x64" is also known as "AMD64"
ActivePython releases also include the following packages:
- Windows "debug" package: Debug-built binaries for ActivePython
users building debug versions of their binary Python extensions.
- ActivePython24.chm: An MS compiled help collection of the full
ActivePython documentation set. Linux users of applications such as
xCHM might find this useful. This package is installed by default on
These packages are available from:
Thanks, and enjoy!
Trent, Python Tech Lead
TrentM at ActiveState.com
More information about the Python-announce-list