ANNOUNCE: Optik 1.5.1
gward-1337f07a94b43060ff5c1ea922ed93d6 at python.net
Thu Apr 20 03:46:20 CEST 2006
Optik 1.5.1 is now available, just 16 months after I first planned to
release it (sigh).
(Optik is a command-line parsing library for Python, also known as
optparse in the standard library; see http://optik.sourceforge.net/ for
blurbs, docs, downloads, etc.)
Changes since 1.5:
* Fix so the 'merge' script works again (bugs spotted, and mostly
fixed, by Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci).
* SF bug #1145594: add 'destroy()' method to OptionParser so
applications can explicitly break reference cycles, making life
easier for Python's garbage collector.
* SF feature #988126: add 'epilog' attribute to OptionParser
(and constructor arg): paragraph of text to print after the
main option help.
* Corrected French translation (po/optik/fr.po) (Laurent Laporte).
* Beefed up reference guide.
* Backported to Python 2.0/2.1 (Giovanni Bajo).
Greg Ward <gward at python.net> http://www.gerg.ca/
"... but in the town it was well known that when they got home their fat and
psychopathic wives would thrash them to within inches of their lives ..."
More information about the Python-announce-list